Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Building A Dollhouse!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I was not on the board yesterday because my DH & I were working on our DD's dollhouse. We have an upstairs playroom that houses all our American Girl stuff. We decided to make it more official by building 8 (36"L x 24"H x 24"D) rooms on each side of the room. One wall will house each historical doll (minus Kaya - she will be on the floor per dd). The last room will have Felicity's Parlor / Music Room.

    The other wall will have six rooms because the wall is not as long. It will have Marisol's room with the 3-in-1 bed, AGOT room for all our AGOT dolls (not sure on the beds), Gotz Little Sisters room with a triple bunk bed for all three dolls, Bathroom (AGOT tub & vanity), Kitchen (Molly's table) & the last is up in the air (maybe a school room).

    The rest of the playroom houses a TV /Music area, a three wall built in bookcase which I use all different storage containers to hold our AG clothing & misc.. I also have a tall cabinet with doors to hold our hanging doll clothing.

    We are all very excited as you can imagine. This will be a long process with making the dollhouse then decorating according to each time period. I will try to post pictures of the process so you all can see. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Lea

    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds exciting! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    YAY! How cool! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What an amazing project. Have fun with it, and I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow!! that room sounds awesome!!! cannot wait to see pics when done!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member chrysa1is's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hate to sound repeative, but... WOW! That's going to be some room! Looking forward to seeing the progression!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh wow...what a dream come true that will be! Please do show us pictures of the whole process (so we can all show our dh's what they need to do...lol!)

    Seriously, I would absolutely love this. My dh always wanted to build our next home from scratch and actually design it. Wouldn't it be great to design a house with a doll house in it? Of course, I'd also want a little cubby hole in one or both of the girls rooms so they would have a secret place to play...oh the possibilities... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    You are so lucky that your dh is willing to help you with this (and is actually "starting" on it!) [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member rafferty's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds like a ton of fun! How are you securing the boxes to the wall, or are you? That seems to be my biggest delima with building our house. Since we are going to move with in a year and a half, I don't want one quite as built in as Maria's beautiful house. I thought boxes would be a great idea, but wonder about the best way to secure them. I worry about my DD playing with stuff on the "top floor" if it isn'nt attached some way. Ikea uses metal U bars to put some of their stuff together, so that is what I am considering.

    I can't wait to see your pictures!

    Shelly

  9. #9
    Inactive Member rafferty's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds like a ton of fun! How are you securing the boxes to the wall, or are you? That seems to be my biggest delima with building our house. Since we are going to move with in a year and a half, I don't want one quite as built in as Maria's beautiful house. I thought boxes would be a great idea, but wonder about the best way to secure them. I worry about my DD playing with stuff on the "top floor" if it isn'nt attached some way. Ikea uses metal U bars to put some of their stuff together, so that is what I am considering.

    I can't wait to see your pictures!

    Shelly

  10. #10
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks everyone for the wonderful encouragement so far! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Susan,

    My youngest dd does have a cubby/loft area with a ladder to go up into it and a window. It is great! My dd's keep all their bitty stuff organized in it including the beds. By the way my dd's are 9 & 11 so it is much easier to keep organized since they are older and do it themselves.

    Shelly,

    Since my dd's are older and the boxes are done in 6 ft sections only two high and very heavy, there will not be a problem with it falling. Hope this answers your question. I will do pictures when I get further along so you can see how we are doing it.

    Lea



    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •